- Politics of Fear, Practices of Hope (London: Continuum, 2008: ISBN 9781847060754) 224 pp
- Future Ethics: Climate Change and Apocalyptic(London: Continuum, August 2010)
Chapters in Books
- ‘Eschatology’ in Scott, P. and Northcott, M. (eds), Systematic Theology and Climate Change: Ecumenical Perspectives’ (London: Routledge, 2014)
- ‘How should we think about the future?’ in Future Ethics: Climate Change and Apocalyptic (London: Continuum, 2010)
- ‘Eternal Return of Apocalypse’ in Future Ethics: Climate Change and Apocalyptic (London: Continuum, 2010)
- ‘What are we Waiting For? Climate Change and the Narrative of Apocalypse’ in Religion and Environmental Change (Berlin: Li-Verlag, 2009) draft version available here
- ‘Seeing Beyond the Tipping Point: Climate Risks, Faith and Political Action’ in Eco-Awareness! (Berlin: Lit-Verlag, 2009) draft version available here
- ‘De-moralising Britain: 10 Years of De-politicisation’, in eds. Peter Scott, Elaine Graham and Chris Baker, Re-Moralising Britain: 10 Years of New Labour: Faith, Morals and Governance(London: Continuum, 2009) draft version available here
- ‘Citizenship after the death of the public sphere’, in eds. Maurice Mullard and Bankole Cole, Globalisation, Citizenship and the War on Terror (London: Edward Elgar, 2007) draft version available here
- ‘Anti-G8 Resistance and the State of Exception’, chapter inShut Them Down! The G8, Gleneagles and the Movement of Movementsed. by David Harvie et. Al (London: Autonomedia, 2005), pp.285-291, ISBN 0955206502.link here
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- ‘Climate Change and Apocalyptic Faith’, Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change Volume 5, Issue 2, pages 233–246, March/April 2014
- ‘Challenging the Skeptics: False Prophecy and Climate Activism’, Religion and Society: Advances in Research Volume 4, 2013 (Berghahn).
- ‘The End of the Future: Hegel and the Political Ecology of Deep Time, International Social Science Journal (December 2011)
- ‘“There is no God and we are his prophets”: Deconstructing Redemption in Cormac McCarthy’s The Road’, Journal for Cultural Research 15.1 (January, 2011)
- ‘Geoscience meets the four horsemen? Tracking the rise of neocatastrophism’ (with Nick Marriner and Christophe Morhange) Global and Planetary Change (forthcoming)
- ‘Points of No Return: Climate Change and the Politics of Uncertainty’, Environmental Philosophy (Fall 2009, forthcoming) draft version available here
- ‘Approaching the Tipping Point: Climate Risks, Faith and Political Action’, European Journal of Science and Theology, June 2008, Vol.4, No.2. draft version available here
- ‘What is Anti-Utopianism? Gray, Jameson, Jacoby’, Cultural Politics (Berg: 2008) Volume 4: Issue 2. draft version available here
- A Political Theology of the Absurd? Albert Camus and Simone Weil on Social Transformation’ in Literature and Theology 20.3, September 2006. link here
- ‘Another What is Possible? Ideology and Utopian Imagination in Anticapitalist Resistance’, Political Theology, 7.2, April 2006, pp.201-219. draft version available here
- ‘In Defence of Political Faith’, Ephemera, 6.1, February 2006, pp.70-74. ISSN 1473-2866. available as download here
- ‘Terror and Utopia: Apocalyptic Desire, Resistance and the War on Terror’ in Barker, C and Tyldesley, M. Eleventh International Conference on Alternative Futures and Popular Protest: A Selection of Papers from the Conference, 19- 21 April 2005, Volume IV. Manchester Metropolitan University, (2000), pp. 148-60.
- ‘It’s About Time’ in Atlas (journal of the New Economics Foundation) forthcoming
- ‘Curb Your Catastrophism!’, Red Pepper June 2008
- ‘Ministry of Fear’ in Red Pepper Vol. 119, May 2004.
- ‘Between Utopia and Dystopia: Performance as Contestation of a Politics of Fear’, Collective Encounters
- ‘Working Towards Social Inclusion?’ Poverty Network, Church Action on Poverty, February 2001.
- ‘Who are the Stakeholders in our Future?’ Campaign for a Hydrogen Economy [http://www.hydrogeneconomy.org.uk/index.php], Nov 2003.
- The Revenge of Gaia by James Lovelock, Forthcoming in Ecotheology, 11.5 March 2007.
- Religion and the Domestication of Dissent by Russell T. McCutcheon, in Modern Theology Vol.22, January 2006.
- Theopolitical Imagination by William Cavanaugh, in New Blackfriars Vol.86, no.1004, July 2005.